Food Development Technician (Kettering, Full Time)
Attention to detail, Communication, Interest in food development, Microsoft Office Proficient
Station Rd, Burton Latimer, Kettering NN15 5JR
Weetabix has a vacancy within their NPD team at their Burton Latimer site.
Closing Date: 26th November 2023
To provide technical support for Innovation, Value Engineering, Quality & Nutritional Improvement and Technology projects in the NPD Team, carrying out food development, assessment, and testing across the WFC product portfolio within the Technical Building and manufacturing units.
- Preparing samples in the Development Lab and Pilot Plant using the full range of equipment.
- Taking samples and making measurements or observations during Lab, Pilot Plant & Factory trials, and Product Launches.
- Routine quality and sensory testing of samples from trials and factory launches.
- Set up of standard Pilot Plant equipment for upcoming trials.
- Prepares written and verbal reports for the trial leader or Line Manager as required.
- Plan, supervise, analyse, and report Development Lab and Pilot Plant trials.
- Technical support for factory trials.
- Act as trial leader on technically less complex factory trials.
- Lead shifts for some product launches.
- Identify and solve technical risks and issues from trials, using technical knowledge and experience of WFC products and processes.
- Trainer on Pilot Plant and Development Lab equipment, methods and SOPs.
- Helping to maintain housekeeping and hygiene standards in the Lab and Pilot Plant to ensure food safety and quality standards are achieved.
- Contribute to a safe working environment by ensuring all Methods, SOPs and standard Ways of Working are followed.
- Competent Microsoft office user.
- Passionate about food and interest in developing breakfast cereal products.
- Strong communication and planning skills.
- May have previous experience of working in the food industry
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Interest in food or product development.
- IOSH Risk Assessment qualification.
- An interest in customer and consumer insights to drive product development.
- Role offers a wide breadth of differing responsibilities, with a great opportunity for learning and development.
- Activities within the role cover diverse working environments across office / laboratories / pilot plant / factory, where adherence to safety practices is critical