Procurement Manager (Bearsted, Full Time)
Corbin Business Park
- Working with the Senior Commercial Manager to procure kiwi fruit for DPS.
- Design and execute an effective procurement strategy to deliver against all company KPI’s.
- Develop programs based on customer demand & supplier availability.
- Negotiate prices, place orders and be responsible for the product through the end-to-end supply chain.
- Administer Purchase orders & sales orders on the prophet system as required.
- Work closely with the logistics & planning team to maintain accurate load plans for all products and suppliers.
- Provide weekly pricing and costing models in a timely and accurate manner.
- Produce finalisations and manage supplier claims, processing all associated invoices & credit notes.
- Publish weekly commercial reports summarising commercial performance and availability outlook.
- Through an excellent understanding of the supply chain continually challenge processes to optimise product
quality and facilitate the achievement of company targets.
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships to support innovation, evolve new sources and facilitate
more local & sustainable production where relevant.
- Undertake supplier visits as required to learn & evolve the procurement strategy & strengthen relationships
- Liaise with customers to illustrate product knowledge & communicate strategy.
- As part of a rota at the weekends be available to provide information to the sales, technical and stocks teams.
- Previous fresh produce experience an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerical competence & strong commercial acumen.
- Professional attitude with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to perform competently in a dynamic and pressurised environment.
There is potential for a 10% bonus and a 7% compensation scheme (visit the DPS website to apply).