Quality Technician – Materials Intake (Kettering, Hybrid)
Station Rd, Burton Latimer, Kettering NN15 5JR
Weetabix is looking for a Quality Technician. A hybrid role, with the successful candidate spending time at their Burton Latimer and Corby sites.
The purpose of this role is to assess the suitability of incoming raw materials through sampling, inspection and testing; to ensure they are fit for use and take first line actions to manage non-conformances. This role is key in helping to drive continuous improvement. When required, the individual will be asked to deputise for the Quality Manager.
- Obtain, check and record Certificates of Analysis to ensure compliance and full traceability
- Release ingredients to the BU via the ERP system
- Sample raw materials as required for the risk-based monitoring and testing programmes
- Drive improvement of consistent quality of raw materials through assessment and testing
- Liaise with Supply Chain where availability may impact on customer service levels
- Ensure all relevant stages of the ingredients trial process are followed
- Support Materials Quality Team with due diligence administration
- Support holds and concession processes by sampling and testing where required
- Adhere to safety and housekeeping standards; promptly report any unsafe practices, near-misses, or potential hazards
- Assist in all traceability audits as required, e.g., WSFS, BRC and customer audits
- Food Safety
- Allergen and Pest Management
- Able to demonstrate experience in quality or food safety role
- Good understanding of materials testing and specifications
- Ability to Interact with stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to make decisions and understand the impact and urgency of them
- Great planning, organizational, time-management and communication skills
- Ability to deputise for the Quality Manager
- Experience with an FMCG business
- This role, as with most of our roles at Weetabix, will be offering a hybrid/flexible work pattern, with “Weetabix Wednesdays” in the office for all office-based employees and the requirement to attend key meetings face-to-face.
- The opportunities for personal development and progression are only limited by what you want to do! You will be working for a company that drives a learning culture where people can focus on their personal and professional development. When in the office, you’ll find as much Weetabix, Alpen, Weetos and Ready Brek (to name a few) as you could possibly eat!
- There’s also a comprehensive flexible benefits package including all the good stuff you’d expect with a double-matched pension, annual bonus, Private medical insurance, and other great lifestyle benefits available including competitive salary.