Sourcing & Sales Manager Vacancy (Birmingham OR Spalding)
Ekho Fresh has a Sourcing & Sales Manager vacancy based in EITHER Birmingham or Spalding to lead the effective procurement of a nominated product portfolio.
Responsibility & accountability for the implementation the company’s buying policies across;
UK Procurement – Topfruit
- Accountability for profitability according to agreed targets.
- Managing communication and returns to suppliers.
UK Sales – Stonefruit/Topfruit
- Manage and develop nominated customer relationships.
- Ensure customer service levels of 99% DSL/99.7% QSL (or relevant RAG target).
- Identify trends within the market/customer using insight from various sources, taking into account demographic and market changes. Formulate category strategies based on this.
- Conduct category reviews with customers looking at market trends, consumer trends, food trends
and the implications for them with our recommendations for new products (NPD), promotions,
merchandising and packaging.
- To ensure the delivery of Sales and Gross Trade Profit for your category, develop existing and new customers; increase the company’s market share in existing and new areas.
- Understand and explore customer requirements. Effectively communicate information flow between the customer and internal customers and departments. Respond to customer correspondence effectively and in a timely manner, communicating all key information to colleagues.
- Ensure customer requirements and expectations are managed and met where these underpin the company objectives. Meet customers and suppliers to discuss and formulate category plans and negotiate promotional pricing (weekly and seasonal) and budgets. Make written proposals and present these (both on line and in person) to the customer.
- Make proposals and presentations to your line manager, Board and others outlining achievement of category plans, and presenting other information that may be required from time to time. Reading and writing reports relevant to your area of responsibility.
- Develop, agree and implement procurement plans, according to company buying policies.
- Accountable for the delivery of targeted margins & volume as described in the annual budget.
- Strive to improve the trading profit while reducing operating costs. Specifically, target a 100% recovery of losses from suppliers.
- Responsible for accurate & timely administration including:
- Preparation of weekly business unit profitability & margin projections & forecast.
- Identification & management of shortages/ oversupply.
- Order & arrival of products in a timely well-communicated manner.
- Timely completion of supplier claims.
- Timely placing of supplier programmes.
- Ensure regular communication with suppliers to review & monitor progress, adjust plans in order to strengthen our KPI performance.
- Delivery of supplier development plans including completion of supplier visits as appropriate.
- Create long-lasting, sustainable relationships with suppliers to deliver KPI’s.
- Management of supplier scorecard process annually (KPI’s) to:
- To drive and strengthen our financial performance
- Drive continuous improvement (quality & financial)
- Deliver quality & availability improvement action plans with suppliers
- Include development of contingency suppliers
- Pro-actively deliver & monitor KPI’s including service level to target 100% availability (when in season)
- Identify & deliver end-to-end supply chain improvements to deliver operational efficiency.
- Driving innovation plan (product & process) to deliver ‘true’ points or difference & newness into the business through growers, breeders & varietal development in conjunction with colleagues.
- Develop strong trusted relationships with the customer through adding value via delivery of KPI’s, category insights and NPD delivery.
- Delivery & management of actions/ projects to agreed deadlines. Root cause analysis as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the sales team receive clear sourcing updates, to facilitate business development (existing & new customers).
- Communicate effectively with colleagues whilst fostering good relationships. Including active participation in daily meetings.
- The job role requires a flexible approach to working hours and you will be required to work the hours necessary to complete your duties.
- You will be expected to perform such additional activities as your manager may reasonably request or as is necessary for the running of the business unit.
- Embed ways of working with RAMs to ensure rituals and routines are maintained to strengthen the administrative base of the business.
Core personal competencies and attributes:
- High degree of numeracy.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Confident & resilient.
- Ability to work in a team.
- A completer/finisher with a high degree of attention to detail (seeks root cause) whilst maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Be mobile – able to visit customers/suppliers as and when necessary. Overseas travel will be required from time to time as well as remote teams.
- Maintain a professional approach throughout.
- Self-starter & quick learner who can be trusted to drive the category forward with minimal supervision.