Specifications Technologist Vacancy (Kettering, Hybrid)
Weetabix Limited, Weetabix Mills, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 5JR
Weetabix has a Specifications Technologist vacancy. This is a hybrid/flexible role with the expectation that the candidate will be in the office every Wednesday.
The Technical Specialist will sit within the New Product Development team. This role will create and maintain product specifications covering all of the Weetabix recipes, raw materials, and packaging for Branded and own-label customers, ensuring all specifications are accurate and up-to-date.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Central Quality and Scientific Services, to ensure compliance with standards such as BRC, product testing and regulatory requirements.
- Translate internal product standards, specifications, and technical documents into the various Retailer Spec requirements.
- Play a leading role in our change process with dealing with product and packaging specifications.
- Maintain up to date and accurate raw material specifications displaying a strong attention to detail.
- Provide a skilled resource to create and manage product specifications for all our brands using multiple web-based customer portals.
- Maintain our internal specifications system, ensuring it is accurate & up to date.
- Liaise with the appropriate Technical Managers and Retail Brands team on all matters relating to Retailer Brands specifications using excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong alignment to the Weetabix values
- Methodical approach to work, setting high standards for attainment and accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately.
- Food industry and FMCG experience.
- Specification writing in a food development and manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience working with various specification software systems for major retailers in the UK (for example Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s).
- Demonstrable experience in Food Technology
- Experience in building specifications
- An understanding of how recipes are built
This role, as with most of the roles at Weetabix, will be offering a hybrid/flexible work pattern, with “Weetabix Wednesdays” in the office for all office-based employees and the requirement
to attend key meetings face-to-face. The opportunities for personal development and progression are only limited by what you want to do! You will be working for a company that drives a learning culture where people can focus on their personal and professional development. When in the office, you’ll find as much Weetabix, Alpen, Weetos and Ready Brek (to name a few) as you could possibly eat! There’s also a comprehensive flexible benefits package including all the good stuff you’d expect with a double-matched pension, annual bonus, and other great lifestyle benefits available including a competitive salary.
The Recruitment Process
Weetabix are always looking to enhance current teams with diverse skills, experience and backgrounds; so if your skills and experience look a little different and you believe you can add value to the role and/or Weetabix, then send your CV or apply! No candidate will ever meet 100% of the desired qualifications, skills and/ or experience, but Weetabix are ambitious to attract the right talent for how they want the business to grow. You might not be right for the role yet, but the business is always looking for talented people.