What additional benefits are there to doing the scheme?
The variety of experience in up to 4 member companies is so difficult to put a price tag on. However, this is what is cited time and time again by trainees as the most valuable elements of the MDS scheme. The other major benefit is the Management and Leadership Level 5 qualification, accredited by the Chartered Management Institute.
Here are some more of the benefits of completing the MDS Graduate Scheme:
- Fast track entry into a fast-paced and innovative industry which is actively seeking fresh talent
- Access to an extensive network of companies and industry contacts (via your secondments, training and networking events each 6 months)
- Interview practice: you will be interviewed for each of your secondments, standing you in good stead for interviews for permanent roles
- Your CV is circulated to all members each 6 months
- Workplace pension
- Two years to try a variety of roles and businesses before deciding where you fit best
- Personal coaching from MDS staff and secondment managers at all placements to support you throughout the programme
- Excellent and diverse career prospects. Farm Manager, Agronomist, HR Manager or Procurement Manager: the opportunities are extensive!