Groobarb Wild Farms (Groobox)
Nine years ago we attended our first farmer's market to sell the vegetables we grew on the farm. Back then there was no gateway to drive into the farm, there were no buildings, no power, no water, no drains, and no internet. Nothing was on our land apart from the veg growing that we planted earlier that summer. All that has been attained since then has been down to the hard work of a few, the dedicated team and the customers that believed in what we said and we are trying to do. 50 years ago around Manchester and Cheshire there were hundreds of farms and market gardens supplying fruit and veg to local people. The revolution of supermarkets ended this small growing community that fed the Northwest. By 2012 only one small veg farm remained in Cheshire growing lettuce and a few more were hanging on by a thread. The whole community was nearly lost. So we came along and our purpose was to change that, some farmers thought we were mad and said it was all impossible, well that was only fuel to our mission and we now grow and deliver our vegetables to the local communities, bringing it back to local and away from commercial supermarkets. Making sure the way of environmental farming gets bigger.
ValuesWe like to promote a happy, positive and inspiring environment for our staff. To create a place where you want to get up and make a difference each day. We like you to feel part of the "Groobox family' creating something special for the local community. We look for people who have a general interest in this industry and the way we grow our produce, who are enthusiastic and passionate about what we do. People who are honest, down to earth and show they can work independently or as part of a team. We are not a large company so we really care for each individual that chooses to work at Groobox. We value competence, effectiveness, honesty and integrity with freedom of expression. Open communication is promoted, and we expect everyone to foster a well-organised, respectful and cooperative environment.
- Always be courteous to customers and the public.
- Always treat all staff members with dignity and respect.
- Respect everyone’s beliefs and religion.
- We never discriminate due to age, sex, race, religion or political beliefs.
- Bullying and harassment will not be tolerated.
- Maintain a friendly and cooperative atmosphere at work.
- We are a team- always cooperate with your team members and make sure you are doing your share.
- Look after equipment, tools and vehicles and use them properly.
- Keep your uniform and other company gear/waterproofs clean and in good order.
- Uphold and promote the Groobox brand at work and outside of work.
- Be punctual for work and check that everything is done for your shift before you leave.